Lex | neutral pronouns
♥ ♦ ♠ ♣
alloromantic people need to stop pretending romo relationships are the most important type of relationship and that being romantically attracted to people is what makes u a person
I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
- SJ community loves to police Jewish identity and silence actual Jews when they talk about their own identities. This usually happens in context of either “Are Jews White?” or “Jewishness is just a religion” conversations. In reality, Jews are an ethnoreligious group that ethnically originated in the middle east, and while some ethnic Jews have light skin, it’s actually due to centuries of forced assimilation in European and Slavic countries through rape, which is a big reason why Jewishness is matrilineal. Furthermore, there exist Jews who do not look white at all. There are black, brown, and asian Jews who are all ethnically Jewish, and these conversations erase them.
- "Jewish privilege". Fact: It’s not a thing. It’s actually a very common anti-semitic trope that says that Jews run everything so they are not oppressed. Jews are oppressed, and face anti-semitic violence.
- "Anti-semitism is not just about Jews, there are other semitic people." While yea, there are other semitic people, the term "anti-semitism" was created by Germans in the 19th century to refer specifically to the hatred of Jews because it sounded more scientific.
- Blaming anti-semitic violence in Europe on the actions of Israel. I see this literally every single day on this site, and it’s very upsetting. Jews that live in the diaspora are not responsible for Israel’s actions, and especially should not be suffering at the hands of white people in Europe under the guise of anti-zionism.
- Finally, and this is a big pet peeve of mine. The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.
Another Jew reblogging about anti-semitism. I’ve seen some increase in concern about this from goyim, but it’s been slow going. Hopefully we’ll pick up a big head of steam soon.
“The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.”
As a Jew, I’m actually terrified to talk about antisemitism when I see it, cause it’s been so belittled and minimized for me.
Please call it out, guys, just like you would any other kind of bigotry or racism.
I am not Jewish and am thoroughly uneducated on this subject. Until reading this post I had never even heard the term anti-semitic before. I know it isn’t much but I hope my reblogging of this is at least something.
I’m not sure whether to be reassured or terrified that anti-Semitism isn’t a well known thing in Korea, but still, good on this person for doing what they can for awareness.
via: i-like-yoshi ▪ origin: debigotizer ▪ source: debigotizer
#misc #rape mention #anti-semitism #hetag
via: wriskas ▪ origin: exgynocraticgrrl ▪ source: exgynocraticgrrl
via: wriskas ▪ origin: zamii070 ▪ source: zamii070
#me 2 roxy #roxy #mutini #hs
via: wriskas ▪ origin: chouettechouette ▪ source: chouettechouette
#rose #jaspers #hs
IF YOU ARE STREAMING, DON’T USE PROCASTER.
DON’T. USE. PROCASTER.
Livestream procaster consumes large amounts of cpu for nothing. No joke, nothing. As a result your stream can become laggy and sometimes it can damage your hardware as your PC has to push itself to keep what your streaming functioning as well as possible.
"But if we can’t use procaster what can we use insteaaaaad?"
Simple. There’s two programs, both that are free, that you can use that uses very little CPU and has more options than procaster. These programs are called Xsplit and OBS. To keep your head in one piece, I’m going to go over how to stream on Livestream with Xsplit.
Under the cut of course.
via: tethystempestuous ▪ origin: summoner-rena ▪ source: summoner-rena
via: tatterdemalionamberite ▪ origin: theatredreams ▪ source: theatredreams
this thing w ferguson is making me wonder how many of the historical riots that happened in the 20th century they teach you about in school were actually ‘riots’ ??
I’m scared that in 40 years, I’m gonna have to tell my child what really happened because their textbooks will be full of lies
via: tatterdemalionamberite ▪ origin: garfeildlogan ▪ source: garfeildlogan
#i ran into a couple of racists commenting at me on another site #calling the protesters 'rioters' #and basically saying it was the protestors fault that small children died from tear gas #it was scary #ferguson
via: skyblueroses ▪ origin: child-of-thecosmos ▪ source: child-of-thecosmos
#DUDE #biology #DUUUUDE
Bisexual: *ends up in same sex relationship*
Society: THEY WERE GAY. WHOLE TIME. YUP. JUST SCARED TO COME OUT.
bisexual: *ends up in opposite sex relationship*
Society: STRAIGHT PEOPLE JUST EXPERIMENTING. ALL OF THEM.
via: bitchtitsmcdickens ▪ origin: theloserestloserwhoeverlost ▪ source: theloserestloserwhoeverlost
#sigh #bi #queer #hetag
via: peregr1ne ▪ origin: peregr1ne
#help #hELLLP #appleberry turquoise #hs #per
via: wriskas ▪ origin: celestier-deactivated20140621
#ow #condesce #hs
via: wriskas ▪ origin: dudeboundsprites ▪ source: dudeboundsprites
#terezi #latula #bloodswap #hs
I’m laughing so hard because Artemis is a Greek goddess of, among other things, maidenhood and archery. She is literally an aro/ace arrow ace.
via: bitchtitsmcdickens ▪ origin: onceuponymous ▪ source: onceuponymous
#aro #ace #greek mythology